HVAC/R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration)
The Department of Labor and Licensing provides consultation to local public health officials, architects, engineers, and other construction related offices regarding heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration. We supervise the inspection program for newly constructed public and private facilities throughout the state for compliance of the State Mechanical and Fuel Gas Codes. The department provides testing for the HVAC/R contractors and the issuance of various types of HVACR licenses, and publishes codes, rules and regulation of licensing.
The Arkansas Department of Labor and Licensing’s State HVAC/R Board has no reciprocal licensing agreements with any other state licensing Boards for HVAC/R licensing at this time.
Arkansas Department of Labor and Licensing’s HVAC/R contractor examinations are proctored by Prov, a nationally recognized licensing and examination services provider. If you would like to know more about Prov you may visit their website at provexam.com.
To sit for an Arkansas Department of Labor and Licensing HVAC/R contractor exam, you must be pre-approved by the Board. To apply for an exam please read the HVAC/R Contractor License Rules and Regulations and mail an original notarized HVAC/R Contractor Application to our office.
- HVAC/R Contractor Application
- HVAC/R Registrant Application
- HVAC/R City Inspector Certification and Re-certification Application
- HVAC/R Deferment Application
- HVAC/R Reinstatement Application
- HVAC/R Lifetime Application
- HVAC/R Change of Address Form
- HVAC/R City Inspector Testing and Training 2020 Calendar
- Liquid Propane licensing or code, contact the State of Arkansas Liquefied Petroleum Gas Board
- For information about state contractors licensing, contact the State of Arkansas Contractor’s Licensing Board.
- The Arkansas Energy Code is adopted and required by the Arkansas Energy Office. This code sets minimum energy efficient buildings. For more information call 1-800-558-2633 or visit the Arkansas Energy website.
- Administrative Rules Pertaining to the Licensing of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors
- State of Arkansas HVAC/R Inspectors Contact Information
- State of Arkansas HVAC/R Inspectors Coverage Map
- The Arkansas Mechanical and Fuel Gas Codes are copyrighted documents published by the International Code Council (ICC). You may review a non-printable version by clicking here